Guide for Paper Submission
In view of the current situation of the novel coronavirus infection, we have decided to hold the event online * instead of using a hybrid method combining online participation and face-to-face participation . Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
* Special lectures and local planning sessions (Introduction of Research & Development, Development of Products, and Businesses for Developing Human Resources by Higher Educational Institutes in Shimane Prefecture ) are under consideration for participation in a hybrid method from the local site.
- The deadline for paper submission has been extended to Friday, May 28, and the deadline for manuscripts has been extended to Tuseday, June 22.
- This year's conference will be a hybrid method combining online participation and face-to-face participation at the event venue (Kunibiki Messe). However, depending on the spread of the novel coronavirus, there is a possibility that only the online method will be used. The conference style will be decided by the end of May.
- Please be informed that the date of issue of the Conference Proceedings is August 18th. The information will be needed when you apply for a patent.
- We will notify all the participants of the website to download the Conference Proceedings. Any CD-ROMs will not be provided.
- In principle, paper submission (lecture) is limited to one per person. However, invited lectures (special lecture, award memorial lecture, invited lecture by corporate researcher, invited lecture in the special topic session) are excl uded.
- Presenters will be required to make a registration for participation besides the registration for presentation. The period of early-bird registration will be from July 2nd to August 3rd.
- From the 2019 Annual Conference of Fundamentals and Materials Society (Society A), IEEJ, Young Researcher Poster Competition in Japanese (YPCJ) and Young Researcher Poster Competition in English (YPCE) are held in the YPC (Young Researcher Poster Competition) session. The YPC Excellent Presentation Award will be given to the students (first authors of the papers) who make outstanding presentations in both YPCJ and YPCE sessions.
- In the 2021 Annual Conference of Fundamentals and Materials Society (Society A), general sessions for oral lectures in English will be held in the Fundamentals*1 and Materials*2 fields. The Excellence Presentation Award will be given to the student (first author of the papers) who made a particularly outstanding presentation in this session.
*1 General Session: Fundamentals
Presentation fields: 1. Education and research, 2. History of electrical technology, 3. Electromagnetic field theory, 4. Plasma, 5. Electromagnetic environment, 6. Pulse power, 11 a. Discharge fundamentals and phenomena, 11 b. Discharge applications, 12. Measurement, 13. Optical applications and vision, 14. Acoustics, 15. Others
*2 General Session: Materials
Presentation fields: 7. Magnetic materials, magnetic applications and micro magnetism, 8. Metals and ceramics, 9. Semiconductors, functions and superconducting materials, 10 a. Dielectric and insulating materials, 10 b. Measurement of dielectric and insulating materials.
- For internationalization, you are strongly encouraged to actively make English presentations in the YPCE (Young Researcher Poster Competition in English) session, the English oral session of "Advanced Materials and Devices (English Session)", etc.
In case that the Conference is canceled
- Banquet fee (refund via bank transfer)
【Not refundable subject】
- Manuscript submission fee
- Participation fee
The executive committee may decide to cancel the conference, if there are any risks that the participants may be in danger.
1. A special weather warning or storm warning is issued.
2. A large-scale disaster is occurred.
3. Outbreak of viral infectious diseases such as influenza.
4. In case of emergency.
- The cancellation of the conference is judged by the day; therefore, even if the first day is canceled it may be held after the second day.
- The paper you have submitted is considered to be presented and published with the release of proceedings data (for downloads).
- Even if the conference is shortened or canceled, it will be deemed to have been held for all dates, and we have no discount on the price of the participation fee.
- Participation fee will be charged to no-shows during the conference period.
- If the banquet is canceled, the banquet fee will be refunded in full (refund via bank transfer).
※Participation fee may be waived for person recognized by executive committee such as invited speakers.
In case of absence because of personal reasons
If you cancel your presentation because of personal reasons (Including the case that you fail to come to the conference because the operation of the transportation is suspended), participation fee will be charged as the paper you have submitted is published with the release of proceedings data. We will notify you of the website to download the Conference Proceedings as well as other participants.
|Category||Download of paper template|
|Paper Category I, 1-page paper||for 1-page paper
MS-Word / PDF
|Paper Category II, 6-page paper.||for 6-pages paper
MS-Word / PDF
|Paper Category III, 6-page paper, for submission to the special issue on the annual conference to be published in IEEJ Transactions on Fundamentals and Materials
(At the same time, a request for review is required)
|for 6-pages paper
MS-Word / PDF
|Paper Category IV, 1-page student poster session
(1) YPCJ(Young Poster Competition in Japanese)
(2) YPCE(Young Poster Competition in English)
|for 1-page paper
MS-Word / PDF
- The number of pages of the paper is 1 page or 6 pages. Please note that only these numbers of pages will be accepted.
- The file size of submitted paper should be less than 3 M bytes.
- Presenters in the YPCE (Young Researcher Poster Competition in English) session and the English oral session of "Advanced Materials and Devices (English Session)" are required to submit a paper in English.
How to submit your paper
Those who submit Paper Category I, II or IV
Submit your paper HERE.
Firstly, you should get the application number and password after application of presentation through this web site, then your paper can be uploaded for your submission.
Submitted abstract will be on the conference program. Please submit your abstract, too.
Those who submit Paper Category III
This conference deals the following topics.
If you are presenting in English, applied E1. Fundamentals or E2. materiales.
The paper should consist of 1 page or 6 pages.
15minutes (Lecture: 12 minutes, Q & A: 3 minutes)
- 0. Poster session by young researcher (student), independent on the topics.
- 1. Education and research
- 2. History of electrical engineering
- 3. Electromagnetic theory
- 4. Plasma technology
- 5. Electromagnetic compatibility
- 6. Pulsed power technology
- 7. Magnetic materials, application of magnetics, and micro magnetics
- 8. Metal and ceramics
- 9. Semiconductor, functional and superconducting materials and technologies
- 10a. Dielectrics and electrical insulating materials
- 10b. Measurement for dielectrics and electrical insulating materials
- 11a. Fundamentals and phenomena of discharge
- 11b. Application of discharge
- 12. Instrument and Measurement
- 13. Light application and visual science
- 14. Acoustic technology
- 15. Others
- E1: Fundamentals
- E2: Materiales
- ★Introduction of Research and Technological Development to Realize Sustainable Society in the Post-Covid-19 World - Activities of the Fundamentals and Materials Society – (Special Topics)
- ★Introduction of Research & Development, Development of Products, and Businesses for Developing Human Resources by Higher Educational Institutes in Shimane Prefecture (PR Session)
- ★Degradation mechanisms and degradation diagnostic technologies of insulating materials in Electric Power Apparatus and Equipment at 3.3 to 77 kV
- ★Application techniques of power magnetic materials for high performance of electromagnetic apparatus and machinery
- ★Evaluation of the impact of ESD transient electromagnetic fields on electronic devices
- ●Organic Electronics, Innovative Device Development and Life Science Application for SDGs
- ★The latest R & D on fundamentals and materials by companies and research institutes (PR session)
●：Open for general submissions ★：Only for person nominated by committee
Deadline of application of presentation
May 13th, 2021
May 28th, 2021 (extended)
Deadline of paper submission
June 3rd, 2021
June 22th, 2021 (extended)
You are recognized that you have agreed to the copyright policy of IEEJ when you submit your paper.
R&D Management Section
The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan